Wesley Snipes. Hopefully he shoves it right up their asses by becoming a motivated libertarian activist. I also hope he learns to promote http://www.fija.org/ and http://www.isil.org/ --Two places that inform jurors that they have a RIGHT to acquit. (And damn the spineless cowards who didn't have the brains or backbone to acquit Snipes. Snipes is a very brave and intelligent artist indeed.)
From the AP article:
"U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges said Snipes exhibited a "history of contempt over a period of time" for U.S. tax laws, and granted prosecutors the three year sentence they requested — one year for each of Snipes' convictions of willfully failing to file a tax return.
"In my mind these are serious crimes, albeit misdemeanors," Hodges said."
So basically, this communist slime-bag Hodges is upholding the illegal and unconstitutional income tax as "the law". (Even though the "Marbury V. Madison" precedent states that any law that is unconstitutional is "null and void".)
The courts want to have it both ways: if a precedent increases the power of government, it is OK, but if it decreases their power, it is to be ignored.
The Libertarian Party should run Wesley Snipes as their Vice Presidential Candidate, which would accomplish several things:
1) Free good publicity for Snipes.
2) Free bad publicity for our thug government, and specifically the goons harrassing Snipes.
3) More free media coverage to a Libertarian Party finally figuring out political strategy.
4) Legitimacy lent to Snipes' arguments in favor of freedom
5) Perhaps the government slime would reduce or eliminate Snipes' sentence, if the public rallied
6) Perhaps the public would rally behind Snipes and eliminate wage slavery and the IRS, if the government didn't reduce Snipes' sentence
7) Maybe the American public would learn about how the IRS is screwing over the already oppressed, vastly more than it is "helping them"
If Wesley would agree to it, it would be the smartest thing the LP has ever done. And it would show the IRS that they can bully an honest man, but they can't keep him down, and everything they do to him is going to come back against them, twice as strong.
The IRS, and Hodges expect Snipes to roll over and piss himself in submission. And that's what they really want: A WILLING SLAVE, AND WILLING SLAVES IN EVERY U.S. TAXPAYER.
Weakness invites aggression. If Snipes shows them his teeth by getting political, making friends with Carla Howell and Wayne Root and the other Libertarians, and speaking out as a Libertarian, HE WILL WIN. Snipes was completely right about being honest. Our society castigates the honest, and rewards submission and conformity. Thank heaven for people like Wesley Snipes! -- A Libertarian